Talkatoo is reinventing dictation software by modernizing the experience for veterinary professionals, making it easy to use, and ensuring it’s accessible everywhere. We are a fast-growing, funded startup working with industry-leading partners.
We are looking for a capable junior marketing & graphic design associate to join our team to support and amplify existing efforts.
The ideal candidate is eager to try new things and learn more about them independently. You are a highly effective communicator who isn’t afraid to raise your hand. You are comfortable connecting with product users, and external stakeholders through conferences and emails. You are flexible with the ability to pivot. You have a solid understanding of how to reach a target audience at all stages of the funnel, branding and graphic design.
You will report to the Digital Marketing Manager, assisting with a variety of marketing efforts.
- Work closely with Design Lead to bring our brand to life
- Preparing files to spec guidelines (web and print)
- Able to conceptualize and build new creatives that align with our brand
- Competence in Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator or similar design software is a must
- Support with social media, paid media, email marketing, website by brainstorming creative concepts, building creatives, writing effective copy, editing, and scheduling.
- Support our content efforts
- Blogs - research topics, create high-level wireframes with research points
- Customer Stories - communicating with Talkatoo advocates, scheduling meetings
- Webinars - communicating with industry leaders & experts, researching relevant topics and questions, and working with the marketing department to host
- Undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent in marketing, business, graphic design
- Knowledge of appropriate software including Google G Suite and Slack
- Competence in Figma/graphic design software
- Familiarity with marketing platforms including or similar to HubSpot, WordPress, inDesign, Canva and Agorapulse
- Excellent writing skills
- High aptitude for learning new software tools
- Able to work remotely and drive results without supervision
- Eager to try new things and learn more about them independently
- Highly effective communicator
- Comfortable connecting with product users & stakeholders through email and video calls
- Flexible, with the ability to pivot
- Self-starter who can manage themselves
- Organizational skills
- Home office in a quiet environment with a computer, keyboard and headset
- Strong, reliable internet connection
We are a remote-first company, with an office in Halifax. We are open to candidates across Canada.
For the purpose of government funding, we require that candidates meet the following requirements:
- A post-secondary graduate (applicable for internships greater than 6 months in duration)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits (you will have withdrawn from EI benefits prior to the project start date)